Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Lammy Nomination For Me! Also, A Question About Horror Conventions

A huge, bloody THANK YOU to whoever nominated The Girl Who Loves Horror for a Lammy Award this year for Best Horror Blog! Seriously, who was it? I want to kiss you.


That's me - number 785, on the nomination list!

I hate to be in competition with some of my best blog buddies like Maynard and Fred, but there's really no way I'm making it past the first round of nominations anyway, SO... I'm just going to enjoy this nomination for now! Thank you again!

I read through the full list of all nominees in all categories and it is gargantuan, you guys. Makes you realize just how many of us (movie bloggers) are out there and what great work they are doing for really nothing in return. That's why it's cool to have awards like the Lammies to keep the bloggers going.

If you want to vote (vote for me) for this year's Lammies, (vote for me) here's where to find the official ballot (vote for me). Keep scrolling on that page for the link. (vote for me)





And now, I need some affirmation from my blog buddies. For the past few years, I have been absolutely dying to go to a horror convention. Hear me? DY-ing. I almost went to one they were holding in Las Vegas about two years ago but chickened out on making plans. Now I'm dead serious. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GORY, I WANT TO GO TO A HORROR CONVENTION.

And I think I've found the perfect one to break my convention cherry.


Texas Frightmare Weekend will be held in Dallas the weekend of May 3 - 5, 2013. It's fucking perfect, y'all. Tickets are only $65 to get in all three days (VIP passes are all sold out - boo to people who plan so far in advance), and my initial search for flight and hotel got me a package deal for only around $500. I have the money, but I can be a tightwad sometimes, and a weenie when it comes to doing things like this on my own.

But, dear goodness, look at the guest line-up:


See that shit? Michael Berryman, Tom Savini, Nick Castle, Virginia Madsen, Mary Lambert, Danny Trejo, Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus, Denise Crosby, Dee Wallace, Heather Langenkamp... AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! I will fucking WALK to Dallas for that line-up! Not to mention the film screenings, and whatever swag I can pick up at booths.

So I guess I'm asking you guys to convince me to go. Anybody been to conventions before? Totally worth the money and traveling? An opportunity not to be missed? Convince me, please, before I punk out again.


2 comments:

  1. DO IT. Just got back from Mad Monster Party 2013 - check my blog tonight for a relevant post. The BIG post will be later in the week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well earned, missy. Keep 'em coming!

    -Pete

    ReplyDelete